For the best results on your new Barley & Belle pet portrait, be as picky about your pet’s picture as you would be with your own! Our digital artists need a clear photo of your pet to work their magic. They’ll email you right away if the one on file doesn’t have the details they need to make the perfect portrait and can help you choose a new one. For the most beautiful portrait results, our artists have suggested some tips for how to take the best pet photos:
- Photograph your pet from the front, facing forward. Get as close to eye level as you can.
- Make sure their face, ears, and neck are completely visible and not out of frame.
- Take your photograph in daylight or a well-lit environment.
- Ensure your pet is in focus. Blurry photos do not make great portraits!
- Avoid overly filtered photos so that we can accurately capture your pet’s texture and coloring.
- No need for fancy equipment - your smartphone or digital camera will do the trick.
- Dress them up! You are encouraged to showcase your pet as exactly who they are.
Not sure if your pet photo will work? Send us an email along with your pet photo at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll let you know! We often create portraits of pets that are no longer with us, so we understand it's not always possible to follow all of the guidelines above. We will work directly with those who may have limited photo choices, and in most cases, we can still make it work!